We all know that living a greener lifestyle is a good thing. However, sometimes it seems like everyday environmentalism is too hard to achieve, or that it requires too great a change from our old habits. If you feel this way, the Green Living Show is guaranteed to change your mind and make you realize just how easy and even cost-effective a sustainable lifestyle really is.
Taking place from April 15 to 17 at the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place, the Green Living Show is Canada’s largest consumer show on everything green. More than 400 exhibitors are showcasing sustainable energy, products, transportation, food, and many more types of goods and services that encourage and complement a sustainable lifestyle. Many of these exhibitors are global brands and multinational corporations, like Toyota, Samsung, Wal-Mart, and Home Depot, proof that business and environmentalism can go hand-in-hand, and that living a green lifestyle is fast becoming a mainstream practice.
Now, the show isn’t just about companies shoving new products into your shopping bags. Rather, the Green Living Show is an ideal opportunity for both corporations and nonprofits to educate the public about how easy it is to adapt a more environmentally friendly way of living. To that end, the show is offering a host of attractions to enlighten and entertain attendees:
- At the Green Talk main stage, watch and listen to experts and activists talk about sustainability in food and diet; present awards to individuals and organizations that help make Toronto more green; explore green careers; and discuss alternatives to fossil fuel.
- Enjoy a sampling of delicious local foods at Farm Fresh Fare, taste local beers at the Beer Experience, and sample international organic wines at BioVino. Then, visit the Cooking Stage to learn how to prepare sustainable cuisine from Toronto’s top chefs. Finally, shop for local sustainable food at the Good Eats farmer’s market.
- For the young ones, attend Eco Youth Day on Friday, April 15 and Earth Day Canada EcoMentors Conference on Saturday, April 16 for informative and fun sessions on green living. Activities include a scavenger hunt, workshops, and Green Talk forums at the main stage. Plus, there’s an Ecokids Zone at the show, with craftmaking, recycled item inventions, and live animals.
- Jump behind the wheel of hybrid cars at Green Living Test Drive and learn about green automotive technologies.
- Stroll through the Year of the Forest display and find out how important trees are to our everyday life, from cleaning the air, reducing stress, to providing housing, recreation, medicine, food, and employment.
If you’ve always wanted to know how you can live more sustainably, the Green Living Show is the perfect venue to get some valuable answers.
Friday, April 15: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday, April 16: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sunday, April 17: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Seniors (65+): $9.00
Students (13-17): $9.00
Children 12 and under: FREE
Group Rate (10+ persons): $8.00/person
Also, you can get free admission if you bring an electronic appliance or device to recycle at the entrance, courtesy of Samsung. Applicable items include the following:
Cellphone, answering machine, any type of audio Player or recorder, any type of camera, any type of computer, any type of TV, printer, fax machine